Friday, April 20, 2012

For a new year..

Woke up this morning, and after some yoga felt ready to start working on my blog! Being as electronically challenged as I am it took some time, but with my new ipad it should be easier to post, share photos, recipes, and chronicle my travels..

The 2012 New Year was a different one. My first with hopefully some extra time as I am now longer a full time student, working a 36 hour work week instead. Excited by this idea and inspired by "The Art of Non-conformity" by Chris Guillebeau (which I thoroughly recommend!) I made my list of one year, five year, and bucket list of goals.

This year's goals were distributed into health, work, family, travel, and income related goals.

To share a few:

Yoga at least 2X a week
4 new recipes a month
Veggie garden
Travel to California, Nashville, VA Beach (beach house & to visit friends), New York (Nick's family & Jen)
Get my Nicaraguan Passport, and to find medical spanish programs


A few from my five year:
To live abroad
Nicaragua and Central America touring
See Macchu Piccu
Work in womens/neonatal health & obtain a licensure or further education in these areas


A few from my bucket list include:
Visit each continent
Living at the beach
Visiting hot springs
White water rafting
Zip lining
A safari trip


This is not it in it's entirety, and it's definitely a work in progress but a good start =]
So far, I have been keeping up -
*yoga at gold's and via myyogaonline (an awesome yoga video website)
*all sorts of cooking which I'll be sharing (recipes thanks to pinterest and magazines)
*started my veggie garden
& I traveled to LA to visit Abbie and P.K...

Misty & I with the Hollywood sign

next up:
*Thailand in the end of May
*white water rafting & camping trip in July
*weekend in NY coming up to visit Jen (hopefully the first of many trips to Long Beach and NYC this summer)

No comments:

Post a Comment