Monday, May 28, 2012

Arrival in Bangkok

After 16 hours of flights with a layover in Beijing, we just got to our incredible hotel right outside of Bangkok! It's incredibly classy and modern but not generic! To backtrack... Our flight to beijing was 12 hours, so I just motivated myself by thinking it was a day at work, like 7-7 and could hopefully fly by. Just one large screen in the front of the plane, so no tv or movie watching, but that was fine by me. Unfortunately I could not rest for the first few hours despite my exhaustion so started reading "The Happiness Project" which I already love! And we read our guide to Thailand book and practiced some language.. Beijing's airport was eerily quiet. It's a Friday night here, so Friday at 5 in that huge airport and barely any noise, and it wasn't empty either! Much different atmosphere than a US airport. We practiced some calligraphy.. Then boarded our next flight and now are here, 300 am, and we set out for sightseeing at 830 in the morning. So for now, some rest and a shower after this incredibly long day, and hopefully more to come with pictures soon!

1 comment: